As reported in today's Barnsley Chronicle, Michael has revealed the shortlist for the annual Christmas card competition, from which a winner will be chosen by a panel including Mr Dugher, the Mayor of Barnsley and local business leaders for use as Mr Dugher’s official 2015 Christmas card.
The card will be sent to hundreds of politicians, local businesses, civic leaders and voluntary groups. Now into its sixth year, the competition is proving to be popular yet again, with local pupils submitting excellent festive designs.
The full list of shortlisted designers are:
- Emma Wroe, age 10, from Birdwell Primary School
- Jaycie Greenwood, age 5, from Birkwood Primary School
- Vinny Storrar, age 9, from Churchfield Primary School
- Amie Probert, age 11, from High View Primary Learning Centre
- Thomas White, age 7, from Hoyland Common Primary School
- Kishaani Jeyarupan, age 7, from Kings Oak Primary Learning Centre
- Aaron Skelton, age 8, from St Michael and All Angels Catholic Primary School
- Kelly Norton, age 11, from Park Street Primary School
- Declan Vaines, age 10, from West Meadows Primary School
The ‘school winners’ on the shortlist above will each win a prize. An overall winner will be selected from the shortlist and the designer of this card will receive a special prize.
This year’s Christmas card competition is taking place thanks to the kind support of Acorn Brewery, ASOS, Carlton Brick, Forge Community Partnership, Lo’s Pharmacy, Safestyle Manufacturing, Symphony, Tesco and West Bank House Community Association.
The winner of the competition will be announced in early December.
Commenting, Michael said:
“The quality of entries to this year’s Christmas card competition is fantastic and the shortlist has some excellent festive designs. “It is great that so many talented local children are getting involved with the competition and it will certainly be a challenge for the panel of judges to pick a winner from such a brilliant shortlist.”